[Empeg-general] Re: Old Empeg software archive

Rob Voisey rob at empeg.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:54:00 GMT

You're going to have to provide some compelling reasons for doing this, in which case I'll get you permission to host our copyright material.  It would have been nice if that had happened before you put the content online.

Here are some of the issues I have.

1. Releases are incomplete - no release notes, GPL statement, copyright statement, source code, consumer versions etc.
2. The official server is fast and reliable, and I'm not at all convinced of the need for a mirror of current content.
3. Old beta releases are dangerous in many cases.  When we delete them from the site it's because we want them buried, and (ideally) for nobody to continue to run them.

(1) is my biggest concern, (3) is the issue that I'm most open to having my views changed.

Rob