[Empeg-general] Re: Newbie here. Need an opinion

tracerbullet@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org tracerbullet at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:54:00 GMT

I think it's all what you get used to. I had my Sony deck long before the empeg, so I ran the empeg into it. *shrugs* I already knew how to access everything. And I use the empeg (forgive me) primarily as though it were a 600 disc CD changer, so this also firmed my decision on it.

Going this direction gives you every feature that the empeg has, and lets the Pioneer add to it as well, if you want it to. My Sony also had a few other features, such as 3 pairs of 5V outputs and such wired to my system already, so it saved time as well. You will likely lose a little sound quality, but I couldn't detect it at all, the Sony was nice enough not to upset anything. As I'm sure you've already figured out, it's a personal preference based on how you weigh out the different features.