[Empeg-general] Re: Re-rip my cd's ... info needed ... loss-less comp?

wfaulk@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wfaulk at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:26:00 GMT

So you think that encoding a bunch of files that are sitting in a directory on your computer is no less hassle than swapping hundreds of CDs in and out of your CD-ROM drive?

I respectfully disagree.  When reripping, you have to swap a new CD in every few minutes, requiring that you sit in front of your computer the whole time.  Reencoding those losslessly encoded files can be done by setting up a batch job and letting it run for days on end, if need be, without any further intervention.