[Empeg-general] Re: Re-rip my cd's ... info needed ... loss-less comp?

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:21:00 GMT

Not to mention that the data you can get from the CDDB is so skimpy that you can easily contain it in the filename,

True. In fact, that was my suggestion to those who had been having the metadata-causes-pop problem.

Of course, I had neglected to mention that frequently a song's tag data contains characters that are illegal in windows file names such as /, ?, and *, so you still have the hassle of fixing up the tags of those particular songs...