[Empeg-general] Lossless auto archiving script

grgcombs@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org grgcombs at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 04:57:00 GMT

Still couldn't get things working just right in Grip ... I gave up, found a command line tool that does more like what I want anyway ... little interaction for big batch runs.  It's called autorip.  It still didn't have genre and year, but after some hacking in perl (first time hacking in over a year, first time ever in perl!!!) I got it working just right.

Drop in a cd after starting the script.  It will start ripping wavs, then convert to flac, adding in id3v2 tags with everything including year and genre parsed out correctly.  You get a folder of Artist/Album/Song.flac ... you'll of course want to modify the default folder location (currently buried in /root).

You'll probably need MPEG::MP3Info if you don't already have it.

Greg