[Empeg-general] Ethernet Hookup

visuvius@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org visuvius at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:26:00 GMT

I asked a while ago if using two ethernet cards would work.  One of them going to the cable modem, and the other going to the Empeg.  People told me it would work, but i seem to be having trouble.

The system recognized the second ethernet card, and in XP, it shows it in the system tray, but the second connection will not respond.  When i hook it up to the Empeg using a crossover cable, it doesnt' pick it up.

The reason i'm doing this is because i don't have a hub or anything, and it would be difficult setting that up at my house,  Currently, everytime i want to synch with the Empeg, i lose internet.  I want to be able to do both at the same time.