[Empeg-general] Re: Re-rip my cd's ... info needed ... loss-less c

wfaulk@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wfaulk at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:05:00 GMT

Well, first, it does seem to be getting the Genre.  That's TCON, which it's assigned to (12), which is a pointer to the ID3v1 Genre, which is Other.  Check to see if other files get Genres other than ``Other''.  (Try using the word ``other'' more in one sentence.  It's a challenge!)  It might actually be filling that in properly.

As for the year, make sure that you're pointing at FreeDB and not CDDB, because the CDDB that you'll have access to from GRIP will not have Year information.  That's only available in CDDB2, which I doubt GRIP has access to, since it requires that developers pay money for it and also requires that the CDDB logo be displayed in the app.