[Empeg-general] Re: Newspaper Article

avatarTX@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org avatarTX at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:40:00 GMT

Hmm.  Very interesting perspective.  And I think I actually agree.  In my current job I am constantly butting heads with the rest of the company (its a small one) because they seem to resist change.

Thinking about it, I would much rather sit in the privacy of my own home (in my underwear if I so desire) to rip my CDs than in my car (while driving?  Are they shock mounted to prevent skipping?) but ripping while driving will be seen as a convenience.  Especially for the many people that still don't have a computer in the first place. ( ! )

On the otherhand, I think that plenty of people 'got it' when it came to the Empeg .. but the price kept them away.  I am not rich by any means, but I gave up a lot to get mine.  I don't expect everyone to go that extra mile to own one, and don't expect them to do it for the Sony product either.  My thinking is these same people that resist change and a new way of thinking will also continue to buy the $300 in dash CD player, because $1500 is also a radical point of view.