[Empeg-general] Re: Good God what did i Do?

SE_Sport_Driver@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org SE_Sport_Driver at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 07:01:00 GMT

On most of the net - you are probably right.  But the reason that most of us were willing to pay $1200+ for an in-car mp3 player is because we are mostly both music lovers and technology lovers.  Most music lovers who are willing to invest that much have a considerable mp3 collection.  I have 600+ CD's and over 99% of all my 9800+ mp3's on my 60gb player are from there.  I have also got some off of mp3.com.  Interestingly enough, most of the songs I got from Napster back in the day were songs that I owned on CD but wanted to hear on my computer (there weren't many easy to use rippers at the time).  Hell, I even own import versions of CD's that I have on domestic release - just to support artists I like.

Like I said, on most of the net you will find a majority of people who pirate music.  And those people, like you, will rationalize all day about how it is okay.  But that is the exception here.   Also, do a search or something - you will find this topic has come up over and over.  (There may also be some tips on how to upload songs).  One of the empeg team's first hurdles was all the legal [censored] associated with mp3 - and because of that, many old time members were sensitive to that and made the empeg a non-pirating tool.