[Empeg-technical] Re: Botched Button/Knob Kit Display Board Woes

frog51@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org frog51 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue Apr 1 02:51:00 2003

In reply to:I seriously botched the first install, and as a result burned the board a little, scraped a little off of some of the printed circuits, and might have melted some of the surface mount components a little (although none appear to be damaged to the point where it would affect operation).

This whole sentence would worry me.  Any of the above could stop things working.  Probably lucky that there is still a display:-)  You might want to chat with support, or some of the more techy whizzes here might be able to tell you what values you should be able to measure for these components.