[Empeg-technical] Re: Where is the number of plays stored?

genixia@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org genixia at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed Apr 2 00:29:00 2003

Ok, so it looks like the 4 bytes decodes thus at each db setting in a band:
0db to 23736102

Q is at .55 by default when the above happens. If I change it
If I change Q
.56 gives 24165598
.54 gives 23306606

If I push Q to its extremes:
100.1 gives 4294537728
0.01 gives 429496

A quick resurrection.

It looks like Q = 100*value/ 2^32
I'm guessing that the marginal inaccuracies that we see in the above figures is due to display rounding in the player software. Certainly a 'strings' of the player binary reveals that the display is a printf formatted variable using a precision code, and not a preformatted string.
Using the above formula;