[Empeg-technical] Re: download.c and serial programming

wfaulk@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wfaulk at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed Apr 2 20:02:00 2003

The thing is that it I've looked through the code, and it's not doing anything hard at all to this point.  All it's done is open the serial port O_RDWR, write some data to reboot (my addition -- thanks for the help, Tony), read a good amount of data, write one character, and then try to read that one character back, and somewhere it isn't seeing the character.  A system trace shows it polling the serial port and not seeing anything, but I can verify that it does if I use a ``terminal emulator''.  I don't see how the system could be not seeing it if it were sent, so I have to assume that it's not being sent, but I can't see why that would happen reproducibly with one program but not another.

Aargh.  Maybe I'll just rewrite it in Perl.  I'm tired of all this proprietariness.