[Empeg-technical] Re: Home wireless connections

Sven Mueller sven at incase.de
Fri Apr 4 17:17:00 2003

Small correction, the link light is on on the Empeg, but the LAN light does not light on the WET11.

Wait a sec. Do I get this right, and the wireless connection works OK (in this case you should be able to locate the WET11 with the PC management software from the rest of your LAN), but the wired connection to the empeg doesn't work?
Try inserting a hub or switch between the two to rule out incompatibilities between the two devices (though this shouldn't be the case since others are obviously able to connect  empeg an WET11), Also try exchanging the cable. I once had a similar problem and finally realized that I didn't only change devices during testing, but also the -defective- cable, so that it seemed as if one device failed reproducably, which it really wasn't, I always used the same defective cable on that device and working cables with everything else.

Also: how do you power the WET11 and the empeg, how do you power the other devices? Could it be a problem with too low/high voltage or some sort of electric interference?

Ciao,
Sven.