[Empeg-technical] Re: download.c and serial programming

Mike Comb mcomb at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat Apr 5 16:25:00 2003

that wouldn't happen to run on OS X, too, would it

Not exactly.  Serial support is very iffy under OS X as there are only two machines that officially run OS X that even have serial ports (Beige G3 and XServe).  Anyway, I tried it and it compiled fine, but it took several tries to flash the kernel.  Most of the time the empeg just reboots and it never gets flashed.  Of the times when it tried to flash it most of them failed and the one that finally succeded ended up with my computer crashing when it completed.  Anyway, I wouldn't recommend it and it probably isn't worth worrying about since most macs don't have serial anyway.

-Mike