[Empeg-technical] Uhm... 2 Drive Strangeness?

foxtrot_xray at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org foxtrot_xray at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu Apr 10 16:45:00 PDT 2003

Okay, I put a second drive into my 'backup' empeg, and it all went according to plan, save for a few differences with the builder image file.

Once finished, I sync'd it up with my PC's music collection fine, no issue.

However, now I'm trying to upload one sone (yeah, just one), and Emplode is getting stuck on the "Checking Disk Intregity".
In the serial output, I got:

Adding Swap: 16596k swap-space (priority -1)
e2fsck 1.19, 13-Jul-2000 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining whether /dev/
hda4 is mounted.
e2fsck 1.19, 13-Jul-2000 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining whether /dev/
hdc4 is mounted.

And it sits there. I can't tell if it's doing anything or not (the HS icon *IS* on on the player)..
But, what the heck is /dev/hdc4?? The drive I put in was mounted and identified as /dev/hdb. Why can't it check /dev/hda4?

Hmph.  :-)

Me.