[Empeg-technical] Re: Can't upgrade while docked in Mlord's dock

pgrzelak at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org pgrzelak at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue Apr 15 14:47:00 PDT 2003

Greetings!

  Well, yes.  That is to be expected.  The upgrade process requires the external (undocked) configuration, based on some code optimization that does not check for upgrades when in a car configuration.  Software (hijack) will not fake this out.

  If you have a dead power supply, though, and cut off the plug, you can insert this into the dock and perform upgrades through it.  I know - trust me...  The physical presence of the plug overrides the upgrade (skip) at boot.