[Empeg-technical] Re: chip P98AB LVX4245 - possible solder issue?

Shonky at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Shonky at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed Apr 16 20:49:00 PDT 2003

Unlikely it is intentional. What happens is that there is a track running directly underneath between the two pins. When the board goes through the reflow oven, the solder paste easily bridges between the two pins since they are at exactly the same temp (I think thats the reason). For this exact reason we have started routing tracks like this either under the chip or outside the pins to prevent this sort of false alarm at board inspection time.