[Empeg-technical] Re: PCATS Tuner Not Recognized by Empeg

maczrool at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org maczrool at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu Apr 17 14:39:00 PDT 2003

With mine anyway, it wouldn't allow me to choose the radio as source in AC mode.   It found the tuner okay at startup and the green LED came on, but I wasn't able to access the tuner.  While in DC it worked fine.   At least that's how I remember it.  All the kits are gone now, so I can't verify the exact behavior.

I don't have any voltages to look for, since they all worked, I didn't try to find any.  I guess it would be helpful to have some testpoints pointed out to us in the manaul, other than the 5 and 9 volts at the regulators.

Yeah and the $75 turns out to be too good a deal for me to offer.  The tuners just take too long to assemble.  Much longer than I thought.  I think I will be raising the price shortly.

Check out the datasheet on the IC10 and 11 that you put in wrong.  If you reversed the polarity, there's a good chance they got damaged.

Stu