Woes with Upgraded Disk-Not fixed yet

Joe Fleck tornado at m...
Sun, 09 Dec 2001 21:01:39 -0800

Greetings,

If you'll recall it seems that the problem I had after I installed/blessed a
second drive - I was getting artifacts and stretched screen. Well after
talking to several nice people on here, it sounds like the most probable
issue is that for some reason some remnants of some old shows are being
tagged on to the front of my movies (which they are- about 1 second of the
practice at the beginning recorded at medium as opposed to the high which I
recorded the show at). I believe this may be my problem I referred to in
earlier posts. Two people have mentioned skipping the early chunks that may
contain this information. The question I have now is - how. How do you skip
past initial chunks of data in the extraction? If this doesn't work I'm not
sure what to do? Any suggestions? Is my only recourse to reformat/restore my
original backup? Say it ain't so!

-Joe