[ExtractStream] What is most likely a FAQ...

Dale Reed daler at n...
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:46:53 -0800

> You sold me. A question about TivoNet hardware. What Ethernet card does
> it use, or which ones will work. I have access to a bunch free. I'll buy
> the TivoNet alone.

You can get the tivonet kit with or without a NIC. The NIC must be a NE2000
or compatable to work. The difference is like $20, and the NIC that comes
with the TivoNet has already been pre-programmed to work. Otherwise
you might be chasing down diag and config tools for your old NE2000, which
could be a nightmare. I paid $~95 for the kit and haven't been happier
since.

Dale