Every other FSID is bad?

jeremyjgordonhome jgordon at s...
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:05:40 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Chris Kloiber <ckloiber@c...> wrote:
> On virgin units either hda4 or hda7 has never been formatted, so it
> won't mount. Edit the install scripts to detect the mount failure
and
> just ignore that partition. It will get formatted for you next
time TiVo
> upgrades their software.

Cool, that answers that question! So I guess that means that my
TiVo came pre-installed with 2.5.1, or upgraded it on my first call
or something.

> Ohhh.. Could you please tell me how to get the cross compiler
working?
> If you know how, maybe make an RPM package that just works?

I just used the build_x_compiler.sh script that I found in the sub-
directories on tivo.samba.org. Assuming that you have a RedHat 7
compatible Linux installation, I could just tar up my installed
binaries and related (/usr/local/tivo/*) and post them on my web
site for you to download (du says, ~58megs uncompressed).

I might rebuild again to get a better prefix on the tools (to get
something like tivo-gcc, and tivo-ar or something) 'cause right I
now I just put the /usr/local/tivo/bin directory first in my path so
that invoking gcc and related bin tools invokes tivo gcc before x86
gcc.

So a little more info, when I dump out the 256 bytes pointed to by
the FSID offset computation:

// compute the offset to the stream
loff_t nsector = (((loff_t)(((m_fsid * 0x20db2) & 0x3ffff) + 0x462))
<< 9);

It is 256 zeros on the FSID's that fail to extract (the FSID's that
work ok have some type of data in that 256 bytes). Any help would
be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Jeremy