Ok, got started last night.

Steven Webb steve at b...
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 13:54:21 -0000

Well, I waited until my girlfriend went to sleep and I got most of it
working. I installed the card, used the tivonet floppy (script) to
load stuff onto the TIVO drive. Put it all together again and had a
telnet session going. I started ftpd and moved the httpd.tcl stuff
onto the machine. Got the numbers for a "best" quality Letterman, got
ExtractStream working via netcat (nfs module failed to load for some
reason, don't know why yet - got the module mismatch error, but when
mounting, it said that file type "nfs" wasn't supported in this
kernel). I'll work on that later.

Anyway, this morning, I woke up and the letterman download was
complete (a few "bad block - skipping" messages were to be seen).

When I run mplex to multiplex the two files together, I get about 3
megs of data and then mplex dies. Anyone know what the deal is? I'm
running mplex on my debian linux machine (potato). I have read about
other versions of mplex, but I don't know where to find it. I'm using
the 0.2 tarball of extractstream (which came with mplex).

thanks!

- Steve