[ExtractStream] Re: Ok, got started last night.

Steven Webb steve at b...
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:33:19 -0600 (MDT)

I think that they all come with some version of the jdk nowadays, but
choosing a linux distribution is a religious war. I answer this same
question at least once a day. My recommendations:

debian 10/10
mandrake 9/10
redhat 6.2 7/10
redhat 7.0+ - don't even think about it.

... but I'm a debian and redhat sysadmin for a living, so I'm biased. 8)

Basicially, I just compiled the mjpeg tools and had tons of errors, so I
just focussed on the mplex and got it to eventually work. It needed tons
of jpeg-specific include files and libs. Once those existed, it worked
fine.

Aren't there any good tools for winodws? I played with flask mpeg encoder
for a while back when divx first came out and it was pretty good, but
there's got to be some other ones out there by now. I would surf around
the web and check to see what's available - focus on the Divx and
DVD-ripping sections of the web and you should find some really good mpeg
tools for windows.

- Steve