[ExtractStream] Other inputs on tivo

Richard Todd rick-todd at h...
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:36:01 -0600

This may be a bit off topic, but this is the only TiVo mailing list I
belong to so....

What does the serial -> phone jack cable that came with my tivo do? I'm
trying to get the tivo to control my cable box in some way other than
the little IR blaster, which doesn't work quite 100%

TIA,
Rick

I don't know how World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be
fought with sticks and stones...
-Albert Einstein

-----Original Message-----
From: sharkey@a...
[mailto:sharkey@a...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 10:37 AM
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ExtractStream] RCA inputs on tivo

> I tried hooking up a video source to the tivo
> but did not understand what I needed to do in the config menu to
> get an "aux1" or something where I could see the input from those
> jacks. Anyone want to offer help?

It should be auto-detected, AFAIK.

Did you disconnect the other video feeds when you did this? I think
you can only have one attached at a time.

The current video source should be listed under System Information
under Messages & Setup. (You may need to have debug mode enabled
to see that. I forget what the non-debug mode looks like.)

Eric