[ExtractStream] RCA inputs on tivo

Richard Todd rick-todd at h...
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:25:33 -0600

Seems to me that you could setup a (spare?) receiver to work to output
video/audio to the tivo, just like it was a VCR or TV/Monitor.

Just a thought

Rick

I don't know how World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be
fought with sticks and stones...
-Albert Einstein

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Wong [mailto:willwong@c...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 8:49 PM
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ExtractStream] RCA inputs on tivo

> > I tried hooking up a video source to the tivo
> > but did not understand what I needed to do in the config menu to
> > get an "aux1" or something where I could see the input from those
> > jacks. Anyone want to offer help?
> It should be auto-detected, AFAIK.

um, no.

if i recall what i read on tivocommunity.com correctly, you need to set
your video source to either satellite or cable with descrambler box.
that
way whichever channel you turn to will take the rca inputs as video
source. then you can just record off whatever you plugged into the rca
inputs. it's a bit troublesome, but you gotta do what you gotta do. i
haven't really been following up on developments regarding this, so
maybe
there is a better way by now.

and regarding the macrovision on the video/dvd you're trying to capture,
the tivo knows how to deal with the macrovision and will record the
video/dvd properly. playback will be fine as well, but you just can't
save to a macrovision-aware vcr.

since this email list is mainly about the extractstream software, i will
keep this email brief. search the underground section of
tivocommunity.com if you need more details. i basically regurgitated
the
posts in the forum there...

will