.profile/$PATH problems

Richard Todd rick-todd at h...
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:18:29 -0600

OK, I got the nfs thing figured out...now I'm having a problem getting
things running again, since the power went out, and I lost my settings
(didn't put them in rc.sysinit).

The problem seems to be in my .profile and $PATH.

I have this in my .profile:

export PATH=/tivo-bin/:$PATH":"/hack/bin/
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/hack/lib/":"$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export HOME=/hack/root
#export TERM=xterm

Which yields this for $PATH:
: No such file or directory:/tvbin:/devbin:/hack/bin/

This seems to be keeping me from running most anything in /hack/bin,
which is where just about everything is...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

I don't know how World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be
fought with sticks and stones...
-Albert Einstein