Directivo, TivoNET, and ExtractStream

The Nonesuch nonesuch773 at y...
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:24:46 -0000

> I have a SAT60 and as far as I know, that means the TivoNET from
> 9thTee won't work for me (it won't fit, I guess). So I guess I'm
out
> of luck when it comes to using ExtractStream since I have nowhere to
> move the extracted videos.

Well, if it's strictly a problem of how things are located inside the
chassis, the easy answer is, get rid of the old chassis, and move the
drives off to the side where they no longer interfere with the card
edge connector...

> My question is, are all of you using the TivoNET/ExtractStream combo
> with the standalone Tivo units, or has anyone been able to do this
on
> DirecTivo?

I've been told that ExtractStream itself is incompatible with
DirecTiVo, apart from any physical fit problem with TiVoNet.