[ExtractStream] Re: NFS Help, Please?

Rob Royse rob at r...
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 01:06:45 -0500

Josh,

I realize I am asking a big favor here, but I would REALLY appreciate your
help in getting this going.

I followed your instructions as best as I could, and I appear to be stuck:

Some things in my config have changed, most notably the distro and IP
address of my Linux box. It is now Redhat 7.1 and the IP address is
192.168.0.71

I created /usr/local/tivotemp on the Linux box, and I made the edit on the
/etc/exports file as you mentioned, and I then did the exportfs -av at
didn't get any errors, it just said it exported it to the kernel. Do I still
need to stop and start the NFS daemon at this point?

I have the nfs-2.0.1.o module running on the Tivo as well, so now my
question becomes one of mounting syntax on the Tivo. I am a little confused
on what goes where.

Here is what I tried on the Tivo without any luck:

bash-2.02# mount 192.168.0.110:/contents /usr/local/tivotemp
mount: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send
bash-2.02# mount 192.168.0.110:/contents
mount: can't find 192.168.0.110:/contents in /var/mtab or /etc/fstab
bash-2.02# mount 192.168.0.110:/usr/local/tivotemp /contents
mount: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send
bash-2.02#

So it really becomes a syntax issue, how do I properly format a mount
command given those variables? Where do I use the share names and in what
order?

Thanks again for your help, and if there is something I can do to return the
favor, please let me know!

Rob Royse

rob@r...
http://www.royse.org