NFS mount problems?

Rob Royse rob at r...
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 11:16:35 -0500

Ok, I got some help everyone, and I REALLY appreciate it. I know I must be
close, but here is what I get now on the Tivo side:

nfs-2.0.1.o: kernel-module version mismatch
nfs-2.0.1.o was compiled for kernel version 2.1.24-TiVo.1
while this kernel is version 2.1.24-TiVo.2.
bash-2.02# mount 192.168.0.71:/usr/local/tivotemp /var/tmp/contents
mount: fs type nfs not supported by kernel

So basically, I make sure NFS is running on my target Linux box, and it is.
I made sure the export.conf was correctly referenced to the IP of the TIVO,
and it is. I then load NFS on the Tivo, I get the kernel error which I am
told is common, and then when I try to issue the mount command, I get the
error above.

The strange thing is that I know it is at least partially working, because
earlier I had a typo in my mount path, and it told me permission denied. So
some sort of communication is taking place.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Many Thanks!!!

Rob Royse

rob@r...
http://www.royse.org