[ExtractStream] NFS issues

sharkey@a... sharkey at a...
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:42:20 -0400

> Thanks for your help. I checked /var/log/messages, and this is what I can
> find, multiple times (corresponding to my attempts to write) and I think it
> is directly related, but I can't make anything of the error codes:
>
> Jun 23 08:43:43 suse71 rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
> 192.168.0.110:743 for /tmp/tivo (/tmp/tivo)
> Jun 23 08:43:57 suse71 rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
> 192.168.0.110:745 for /tmp/tivo (/tmp/tivo)
> Jun 23 08:44:06 suse71 kernel: fh_verify: tmp/tivo permission failure,
> acc=3, error=13
>
> I am running SUSE 7.1 (kernel 2.4) and have made no modifications that I am
> aware of to NFS. It should be whatever is default with SUSE 7.1
>
> If you have an idea of what it is, please let me know. Your assistance is
> GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Unfortunately, I'm short on time.

Error codes are defined in /usr/include/asm/errno.h, but error code 13 is
just permission denied, so that's not going to help you much. The error
comes from with nfsfh.c in /usr/src/linux/fs/nfsd if compiled with
NFSD_PARANOIA turned on (which is default).

Your best bet is to do a google news search on this string and find someone
who's reported the same problem. Either that, or switch servers.

If you're desperate, you might also want to see if adding no_root_squash
to your export options makes a difference. It shouldn't, if you've set
the permissions for mount point properly, but it's worth a shot. See the
exports man page for details.

Eric