[ExtractStream] New discovery re: conversion problems....

Dale Reed daler at n...
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 13:36:35 -0800

willieb9000@y... wrote:

> I am going to look at the streams and try to figure out where in
> the code the "Place the logo on the screen" code is and maybe we can
> tell these conversion programs to ignore it and keep going.
> Anyway that is all I have found so far. Let me know if you are
> interested and I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm guessing its in the VBI code. Maybe try something like tivovbi
and see what the vbi has on those programs? I'll see if I can
track down a NBC show with thumbs commercials and track it down as
well.

You could also run in verbose mode on one and see where at in the
tystream is dies. Then use displaystream to jump into that point
and see what the tystream has there.

Dale