ExtractStream freezes

Steve Quezadas steveeq2 at t...
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:42:53 -0000

Hello,

It seems that my ExtractStream software keeps on freezing at one
particular point and I am not sure why. I am using Tivo version 2.0.1
in conjunction with samba. This is what I'm getting:
Start Length
00e00000 00080000
01740000 00040000
01ac0000 00040000
Block: e00000 Count: 524288 Total blocks 3
Playing block 00e00000/dev/hda10 has 0x00100000 sectors
/dev/hda11 has 0x03606c00 sectors
Bad chunk, skipping
Playing block 00e80000Bad chunk, skipping
Block: 1740000 Count: 262144 Total blocks 3
Playing block 01757800
And at the last line, it just freezes. This happens about 30% of the
way and each time it's the SAME area of the file to the byte. I would
imagine that my tivo recorded the mpeg file and made an error
somewhere in the file which is causing ExtractStream to crash (just a
theory anyways). But I always have to Control-C out of it. Anyone
know what's up?

- Steve