Status of Windows tools ==> Linux Solutions

willieb9000@y... willieb9000 at y...
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:57:25 -0000

> dir and a stopwatch? :)

Ok, I am laughing at myself here -- I guess I just thought there
would be a more techno way to do it(which I am sure there is, but for
my own info, a watch should work fine :))

Now, you said you use Tivoweb -- have you looked at the resource
manager in there? I think it tells you the bitrates tivo uses to
record stuff -- my tympeg is crapping out a lot on ty streams. It
says "can't find first frame" a lot and just stops. pretty annoying
becasue I don't know when it will happen. You mentioned that you were
still working on making the app more tolerant. It this what it does
when it is being intolerant? When it works, though, it seems to get
sync.

And I guess I told you some of my mpgs were being played at a really
slow pace -- I was wondering if the wrong bitrate info could cause
that. Check out the tivoweb resource manager and let us know what you
think.

Oh, and A few of us have been using regular ES lately using the -p
option and are getting sync in tmpgenc. The docs say -p is no longer
necessary, but it seems to be working. Any idea or comment on this --
try it if you have time -- could it be that these PES header give
the "muxer" a cue as to how to match them -- I don't know what they
do -- we are just speculating. THought you might like to know and
comment though.

WillieB