[ExtractStream] Re: Splitstream Survey

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:16:02 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ken Hancock <hancockks@y...> wrote:
> --- In ExtractStream@y..., Roger Merchberger <zmerch7@y...> wrote:
> > I just downloaded & tried the Elecomp Mpeg2 player - I don't
> monkey
> > with DVD's on my main computer, so I don't need the extra stuff.
> It
> > plays mpeg2's very well, and it even plays the Tivo raw streams!
> > Granted, with the audio frames mixed in, it looks like hell...
> but I
> > was suprised it didn't barf.
>
> Huh? When I was using netmplex (back before I foobared my drive
> with
> MFSTools restore), the resulting multiplexed .mpg file played
> flawlessly (video and audio) with Elecard's MPEG-2 player.

Having never used netmplex, I'm not all that intelligent as to it's
use -- but it was always my understanding that netmplex received a
pre-seperated tystream and re-knit them into a standard MPEG2... but
I could be wrong.
A tystream (again, I'm assuming -- and I know the consequences ;-) is
a non-standard in it's raw form, is it not?

How's everybody else's luck with playing raw tystreams? I'm
intrigued...

Roger "Merch" Merchberger