MPEG data and ExractStream...

billyb111b@y... billyb111b at y...
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 06:16:26 -0000

OK
Ive been messing around with Splitstream for a few days now and it
does seem to fix alot of the problems I was having with sequencing,
I seem to get most of the right data in the right order most of the
time. (and the nifty little perl script saves some time) No Im
having other problems...

I was under the impression that that the frame sizes are as follows:
Best - 544x480
High - 480x480 and
Med or Basic - 352x480

When I extract video my streams get all out of whack, in any VFAPI
app (DVD2AVI ->TMPEG ->Nandub).
Best gets read as 480x480, essentially chopping off the right 60
pixels, which screws up the MPEG data (I, P and B) all need that
data, since its not there, Green blotches are filled in

My High Quality gets read as 352x480, same problem as above

My Medium Quality gets read as 544x480, ao it introduces extra data
in the frames, giving me blocky video as well.

Anyone else seen this? It seems to happen on all my streams (I ESd
about 10 tonight)

THe wierd thing is the m2v files are displayed correctly in WinDVD,
so the error could be in the MPEG data or the VFAPI or the
ConvertStream/Splitstream.

Anyone have any ideas? Are ther other applications like DVD2AVI
that can read the m2v? I just want to succesfully extract 1
stream.. any one, I dont care, just one.. then I can move on!

Thanks
Billy

P.S. It is great to see life in this group!.