Splitstream, ExtractStream and Stream allocated vs stream used

keary@m... keary at m...
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:21:32 -0000

Hi.

I had posted a message a while back about (message number 487) about
how TiVo has two different "sizes" associated with streams. The size
allocated for stream vs the number of chunks actually used for the
stream. I was thinking that might possibly be the issue with
ExtractStream, Splitstream, and bad chunks (using the allocated
rather than the used). I really don't have the capability to test
this theory (still trying to make a cross compiler that will run
under Cygwin, and am currently "away" from my Tivo for a couple of
weeks..).

I was just wondering if anyone had had a chance to look into this.