Does anyone need me to save just the bad output?

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:21:08 -0700 (PDT)

This might sound odd coming from a person like me, but I'm not really
much of a coder when it comes to this stuff... :-(

(I started with a Tandy CoCo2, programming BASIC-09 under OS-9 - no,
not the Mac version... ;^> and program over a dozen languages - but
C/C++ was never my strong point [not enough time to practice YAPL]
and I don't know nearly enough about the innards of the TiVo to be
able to even come close to where most of y'all are now...)

Anyway, would it help others in the debugging process if I posted the
error text files & just the bad chunks of tystream from shows that I
convert? I just did a third show, and it took 5 invocations of
splitstream to get to the main bad chunk of data - if I post just the
main bad.ty output, it's 3.584 Megs - to post all five would be
around 15.8 Megs. (and this was my largest bad file to date)

I'm co-owner of an ISP w/ 2 T-1's to the backbone & a few hundred meg
of spare HD space available to me -- I can't host *entire* streams,
but I can make a web directory w/ my bad streams & error msgs. if it
would help.

Lemme know, and I'll put it into action.

Thanks,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger