[ExtractStream] Extract/Split breakdown

Dale Reed daler at n...
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:26:44 -0700

cerevant@y... wrote:

> Now the scary part: there is almost 10 minutes missing between sets 9
> and 10.
>
> Joe, if you are interested I can try to isolate the transitions
> between 7/8/9, and the transition from 1 to 2 might be
> interesting...but it is pretty clear that ES is broken, badly.

I think what we have to keep vision on is that ES was designed with
a non-hacked tivo in mind. The hacking of the tivo is evolving faster
than the hacking of ES (which is evident by nothing is being done with
the CVS ES for quite some time).

What I'd like to recommend is anytime someone post something like
the above (which is really good, don't get me wrong) that you also
include something about the tivo. This was the goal of the survey,
but I didn't keep track of the survey. :(

For example. My setup:

Philips SA Tivo 2.0.1, tivonet, tivomad 14gb->30gb (single)

A one liner can tell a lot. I think I've uncovered there is a
mis-aligment in the sectors for the tivomad single drive
additional partitions. Need to look into it some more, but that
probably wouldn't show up on a system that wasn't hacked.

Also, I've got my test app almost done. It can identify the
sequencing and let you now sector sources for them. I've just
got to figure out what "useful" information to report from it
now when it finds sequencing or other errors.

Dale

Philips SA Tivo 2.0.1, tivonet, tivomad 14gb->30gb (single)