Survey results

kamka@7... kamka at 7...
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:04:22 -0500

Hi, all
this week end i finally had some time to extract some streams. One of
the thinks that i noticed is that your record quality that you set on
the tivo seems to make a difference when it comes to bad chunks.
Normally, I record all my shows as best quality but just for kicks and
giggles i tried recording some as high quality. Low and behold when i
extracted these i ended up with very small badchunks in one case (30min
stream) 10 megs in the other (1 hour stream) 128K. This is very
unusually for me cuz i typically end up with HUGE badchunks sections.
Could this be and indication that these badchucks could be glitches when
the unit is recording(maybe it pushes the unit to it's max under best
recording). Maybe the tivo can handle certain amount of error in the
stream.

just a thought.

Kevin

Philips Tivo 2.0.1-001-000
Tivonet
ExtractStream .3
Splitstream .3
Tivo Madd Drive 30 Gig (original was 20 )