Status of Windows tools

hancockks@y... hancockks at y...
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:44:18 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., dao@p... wrote:
> I haven't had much luck getting my NIC to work with Debian...maybe
> should try RedHat ? Anyway, I was wonder what the status of Windows
> tools that will combine Tivo streams. With Enterprise starting
> tonight, I would like to start archiving them to SVCD.

Gary Williams over at PTVupgrade has ported netmplex to Windows. I'm
currently porting it to the mac.

However, I do believe the current input buffering in netmplex is
sorta screwy and doesn't work correctly. Wish I could find the
author to discuss the problems...

I'm currently rewriting the input buffering and in the process of
debugging it. Extracted a full one hour show last night, but it's
obvious it's dropping bytes somewhere, still. Hopefully by next
week...