Need Help installing ExtractStream

kriscomach biskupiec at h...
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:25:28 -0000

Hello,
I have a program I got my Tivo (philips) and I got a TivoNet card
and installed it. The file I used was tivonetfloppy . When I ran the
script file it went okay. then I was able to ping it and okay after I
tried telent and it was succesfull. By the way the software I use for
telnet is Tera Term . So now I want to send the file called
extractstream-0.2 to my tivo. But there is some problem.

What else is the problem is I don't understand this

If you've installed the tkp_tools, then there's a name conflict: "nc"
is used as a variant of "mc", as defined in "/var/hack/root/.bashrc"
(sometimes "/hack/root/.bashrc"). You can either rename the
definition of "nc" in your ".bashrc", or you can rename "nc" on your
system, or: always refer to NetCat by path (i.e. /hack/bin/nc).

Procedures:
cd /hack/bin
mount -o remount,rw /
Then I go to my Tera Term telnet program and click on File then
Transfer then ZModem then send.
While the file is sending I see a percent and it looks okay but then
it looks like it hangs and I click on Ctrl C and I ge to the
bash-2.02
Also I get this weired message in the middle saying this
bash: !Œ›Í,ÌCÞåw$B¬YG±: event not found
what is this?
Can some one help me out how I can send extractstream to my Tivo I
will really be glade. thank you. Bye.