[ExtractStream] How to transfer extractstream to the TIVO.

Scott Alfter yahoo at s...
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:01:37 -0700

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:50:49AM -0000, kriscomach wrote:
> Hello.
> Hi I want to find out how can I send the extractstream to the Tivo? Can
> someone explain this to me in the easiest way possible.

The easiest way would be to stick the binary up on a webserver someplace
(like on your own website) and use http_get to suck it into the TiVo, with
something like this:

http_get -T 0 -C 0 -D /hack/bin -U http://12.34.56.78:80/path/ExtractStream

where /hack/bin is the directory on the TiVo where you want to store
ExtractStream and the URL is whatever is correct for pulling ExtractStream
off your site. Note that you need to give the IP address of the webserver
(it won't do DNS lookup), and you need to specify that it's on port 80.

Also, you need to make sure the root filesystem is mounted read/write before
you do this:

mount -o remount,rw /

When you're done, remount the root filesystem read-only:

mount -o remount,ro /

_/_
/ v \ Scott Alfter (salfter@s...)
(IIGS( http://salfter.dyndns.org