[ExtractStream] Possible end of ZSS development...

Edmond E. Shwayri eshwayri at n...
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:44:33 -0400

One other piece of anecdotal info we can derive from where PES packets are
placed. If you look you will see a common :

PES I1 PES B1 PES B2 P1 PES B3 PES B4 P2

This makes sense because the order I think things are done in is :

[1] Encode I Frame and give to TiVo stream creator.
[2] Hold Frame 2.
[3] Hold Frame 3.
[4] Encode Frame 4.
[5] Encode frame 2 based on I (Frame 1) and P (Frame 4) and transmit to
TiVo stream creator.
[6] Encode frame 3 based on I (Frame 1) and P (Frame 4). Frame 4 is
already encoded so pass both along to the TiVo stream creator.

The fact that the second B and the following P get spit out at the same
time makes a lot of sense if the P was used to derive the B. I think the
TiVo is storing the frames in the presentation order.