[ExtractStream] Re: Need some help with Tivoftpd

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:07:42 -0700 (PDT)

--- kriscomach <biskupiec@h...> wrote:
> I sort of don't don't understand. I am suppost to setup a
> webserver.

It depends on if you have your Tivo gatewayed thru to the internet.
If you do, then you do not need to set up a webserver. To try to make
it easier for you, I put the tivoftpd binary on my website, so if you
have your Tivo where it can talk to the internet, type in this
command:

http_get -T 0 -C 0 -D /hack/bin -U http://12.15.88.2:80/tivo/tivoftpd

where /hack/bin is where you want to put the binary...

If you do not have your Tivo gatewayed for Internet access, and you
wish to use the http_get program to download the tivoftpd binary, you
will have to get a personal web server program (I recommend Apache)
for another machine on your internal network.
HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger