[ExtractStream] Re: Proliferation of too many different apps...

Michael Loftis mloftis at w...
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 07:59:19 -0700

jewser wrote:

>I know you all think I am nuts now. But I am pretty normal. Really...

No no no, we *KNOW* you're nuts. You have to be to understand things
like MPEG ant TyStreams, trust me. Field research has proven this. ;)

No hard feelings on my part, I just wanted to clarify things. I don't
want anyone doing anything they're not interested in, I just wanted to
start the discussion to see what sort of consensus we have, and it seems
there is one, atleast amongst the membres of this forum. I have limited
bandwitdht (DSL) but basically unlimited storage, I'll think about
setting up a site with some sort of content-management system on it
(PHPNUKE or something, just osmething that works ya know) so that we can
start getting a place together. I've got a short domain name 7td.org
(7th Dimension) that isn't even lit yet so we could either light it as
www.7td.org and have that be the tivo place or tivo.7td.org -- IE keep
it short for those of us with failing memories ;)

I'd be more than happy to managet he systems side of things (thats whst
I do for a living) I just need to sit down and set up the vhost and get
something going.

If anyonehas any preference to the software on the site speak up now or
forever hold your melons.