[ExtractStream] Proliferation of too many different apps...

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 20:18:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- Rob <yahoo@i...> wrote:
> At 10:57 21/04/02 -0700, Roger Merchberger wrote:
> >http://www.30below.com/~zmerch/tivo/tivoheaderdata.cfm
> looks good to me, so far .. :-)

Thanks - just like my other pages, it's *ugly*... but AFAIK, there's
no other Tivo-based info pages like this around. Anyone, *please*
correct me if I'm wrong - I'd love to provide a link!

> definitely noticed this on a couple of yahoo hosted lists I'm on...

They've been pretty good earlier, but lately, the slowdowns have been
_sheer evil_ - This is a low-bandwidth list; the other lists that I
host (referring to [some of ;-) ] my antique computers; Tandy Model
100/102/200's & whatnot) response time is usually in seconds - not
hours.

Anything over 100 incoming messages per day might see some minor
slowdowns until we get our 3rd T1 installed in a couple months... but
nothing *near* 1 hour.

> [snip] isn't going to
> play ball w.r.t setting up Perl correctly.

Erm... and this is hard?

> I could do it all locally through one of the DSL links, but they
> are
> usually full to bursting downloading usenet! lol.

And as Usenet sux for anything worthwhile... what could those lines
be tied up doing??? ;-)

> Anybody any good at web design?

Technically? Sure... I'll warn you tho; I'm *no* artist. My webpages
definately take info over looks; as they usually look like some wacko
34-year-old geek made 'em... ;-)

> t1v0.com anybody?

Or - tivo.bz and tivo.ws are available... to save the confusion of
switching numbers fer letters...

Otherwise, I can most easily set up tivo.30below.com, but anyone
below the 45th parallel might not see the "humor" in that domain...
;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger