Where to find mfs_stream?

jewser joshua at b...
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:49:34 -0000

> It's Tridge's mfs_export with a new front end that can pull more
> than one stream at a time from the Tivo.
>
> I don't have it, but I wrote my own front end to mfs_export you
> can have. It needs some version of sh to run:
>
> -------------------------------------
> # Usage: tivo_export name streamid1 streamid2 ...
> name=$1
> shift
> for i in $*
> do
> mfs_export $i $name.$i.ty
> done

Be careful with this. If you are using my vsplit it would be
interesting to see if you run into the same problem as others. When
just cating the files together they were seeing bad chunks, i.e. soft
errors that vsplit handled nicely, that were not there if you used
mfs_stream. But either way... whatever works.

--jdiner