[ExtractStream] Re: My VSplit program Alpha #11b has been released...

J. Scott Dorr merlin at f...
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:30:29 -0700

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:55:07PM -0000, mikertx wrote:
> Hmmm... The FS is ext3 and the original tystream is about 3GB
> (it's Forbidden Planet from TCM a few nights ago) but vsplit
> is giving up at about 2GB. I double checked my version of
> vsplit and it says, "jdiner 2.01 Alpha #11b". Not sure what
> to try.

ext3 has a 2gig file size limit. Modern linux kernels can get around the 2gig
limit in ext2, however (though many apps aren't sure what to do with files >
2gig (eg. ftp, if I recall)).

This is one of the reasons I've not moved to any of the journaling file
systems in linux: file size limits are too restrictive yet.

- Myrddin
ICQ: 22404528 Why Vegan? http://www.firstmagic.com/vegan