[ExtractStream] Editing/Merging with TMPG

Jim Hauxwell james at d...
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:33:07 +0100

What I would do is use the editing features of avisynth, and frameserve back
to TMPGENC. This will give you correct joins in the sequence.

Just a thought

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: ewodzien [mailto:general@e...]
Sent: 31 July 2002 21:07
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ExtractStream] Editing/Merging with TMPG

Hi:

I was hoping someone on the group might be able to shed some light or
have a workaround on editing and merging with TMPG.

This is the setup:
I have two MPG files (encoded by my ATI all-in-wonder Radeon) approx
45mins in length. (VBR-6400 bitrate)

Using TMPG, I want to merge the two files into one MPG, but I use
the "edit" function within the "Merge&Cut" tool to trim the beginning
and end of each file that I'm merging.

Everything works great EXCEPT:

At the merge point of the newly combined file, it isn't a clean cut.
I get random video blocks for about 2 secs, then is clears up. (It
looks like a picture on a satellite connection that has a bad signal.
Or more technically, like it has lost an i-frame.)

I have tried different edit points, but still have the same problem.
The people at TMPG haven't responded to my email.

I'm almost done with a 2 month DVD project and this is the last thing
that is holding me up.

*Any* info is greatly appreciated!

-Ed