[ExtractStream] A question for the gurus out there

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:25:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- moyesusa <nunyobusiness@h...> wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> I've got phillips tivo w/ a single 80gb drive in it that
> seems to have given up the ghost for the most part. Hangs on
> the initial boot up screen. Was wondering if there was any way to
> extract my saved video files without the drive being in the
> tivo.

I believe there are MFS utilities on one of the linux-based PeeCee
bootdisks that are out there - but having never really investigated
it, I can't say... If it's actually the drive that's TU, it might be
a lot of work trying to get those videos off; if it's the Tivo, if
you already have to replace the Tivo hardware, you might just be
better off trying to find the same flavor Tivo you have, putting the
old drive in the new tivo & continuing on...

Dunno if it helps much, but I hope it helps!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger